WARRNAMBOOL CITY COUNCIL (VIC)
The small change that made a big difference
Warrnambool switched their failed PAYG provider to CellOPark on Nov 2017 and was so happy with the change and level of services that it has decided to integrate the full suite of smarter city solutions. Although a smaller regional council their solution is at the leading edge of a fully integrated parking platform and provides the council the much-needed levels of visibility and autonomy to provide their users a premium service
Warrnambool City Council, like many regional councils, had parking issues which needed addressing. They were experiencing population growth which was expected to continue and parking was a concern for businesses and residents alike. They were also looking to move away from another providers Pay By Phone and enforcement solution which were deemed as unsuitable to their requirements.
THE CHALLENGES SCS ADDRESSED
1. A SEAMLESS SWITCH – Warrnambool City Council needed help with switching providers and completing the transformation without damaging its systems and residents
2. IMPROVED CITY LIFE – Improve parking convenience, availability and accessibility for short term parkers to visit and enjoy the City Centre, by providing a variety of parking alternatives including location, price and payment options.
3. INCREASE ENFORCEMENT EFFICIENCY – their incumbent solution, Tech 1 for enforcement, had not delivered the required levels of integration and efficiencies they were seeking. The shift to our platform has made this desired state a reality.
4. HOLISTIC SOLUTION – The council was after a suite of solutions that can “speak” with each other and create a fully integrate service for both the city employees and residents. They have elected to use The Pay By Plate platform combined with the vPermit and vCompliance SaaS model, which make it a complete end to end, License-plate recognition and cloud based solution.
1. A SUCCESSFUL TRANSITION – Warrnambool City Council was able to meet their project deadlines and requirements and had a very smooth transition to the new set of services.
2. INCREASED IN UPTAKE – They have seen a 500% increase in usage since the change over to the new platform.
3. BETTER VISIBILITY AND CONTROL – The city council was able to provide this premium service to its residents and gain improvement in all aspects of parking while gaining more control over the process.